Julian Zawadowski was born on May 7, 1902 in Jaworów. He did a degree in Medicine at the University of Lviv and started to professionally work there at the Gynaecological and Obstetric Clinic. In April 1935 he came to the post of the doctor of the Social Insurance in Krynica where he showed his perfect technical skills and a considerate attitude towards patients. During the WWII he provided medical help to the guerilla troops. Later, his whole professional and social work was focused on the reconstruction and development of the health resort. He was an originator of the Bus Communication of Krynica that allowed tourists, patients and inhabitants to travel when the railway was closed due to the damage done to the tunnel in Żegiestów.
‘Doctor’ as everybody called and talked about him started construction of the ‘Sports Park’ using community and his private funds. For many years he had been a president of the Hockey Society of Krynica, of the Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society and of the Social Committee for the Development of Krynica. He was an originator of the publication of the albums: ‘40 years of KTH’, ‘Beskid Sądecki’, ‘Nikifor’, ‘Krynica on drawings of A. Wasilewski’ and the first after the 1945 year folder ‘Krynica’. The Municipal Library was established and developed by Doctor and his wife Helena.
He was the longest working doctor at the post of the Chief Doctor of Krynica and the vice director of the medical department of the Management Board of the Krynica and Poprad Health Resorts. For his merit he received many national awards of high rank. He died on March 1, 1980 and was buried in the family vault in the Old Cemetery in Krynica.